As the saying goes, you can tell a lot about a person by what they have in their purse/handbag. This thought crossed my mind today while rifeling through my pocketbook looking for the baby advil. Here's what's in my bag:
1. mouldy sock that the baby's bottle had leaked on ages ago and it sat and turned all green :P
2. wallet busting from too many receipts, too little money
3. cell phone that's off because I forgot about it and it ran out of power and powered down.
4. zip-lock bag with one dose of baby advil
5. old used decrepid tissue
6. long envelope full of coupons, most of which are probabaly expired...
7. another long envelope with two children's immunization records all ready for school
8. a key, to what it goes to, I haven't a clue
9. a broken earring from one of my girls
10. a trial size package of Nivea
11. lip balm, left open, caked with dirt :P
13. tax bill I have to go deliver to the bank as they pay that through escrowed funds
14. a relief of abuse order that's outdated yet in its nice ziplock bag
15. a little girl's hairbrush
16. a dolly's hairbrush
17. immunization information sheets
18. permission slip for boy scouts
19. spare diaper
20. cloth diaper/wipe clothe extraordinaire
The conclusion that can be drawn from this is, yep my life is clutter-full and yes, everyone and his cousin drops things into this catch-all and no matter how much I clean it, it'll return to that state of confusion in record-time. You can also deduct that it's organized chaos, yes it's a mess but I know where everything is. Lastly, it stands as a witness that I will get to everything, in its own time.